Saturday, April 17, 2010

sometimes

sometimes you are a dream,
a film, a meal, a joyride,
a wondrous scent that
overwhelms...

sometimes you are a man,
a thief, a savior, a world
to me
so absolutely intriguing,
so loving, so...

sometimes you are the
love of my life, the
trance i fall into
that allows obscenities
to occur
with my full, aroused attention
that never hinders your
suggestive murmurs.

sometimes you are the one, my
confidant, my companion, my
mate that assures magnificent
milestones in the future,
perhaps too near.
but who am i to talk about love
when all i know is that

sometimes you are your job,
a technician overcome with sweat
and dirt and the stench of oil
all leaking out of your body
and yet i still find myself
desiring you,
committing you to my empty memory
and clenching you to me
to keep you there in my
messages, my
mind, my
pictures, your
bed, your
truck with me by your
side stroking your dry hands
and admiring every fault
you seem to think is there.
as my hand trails up your fingers
slowly, so slowly rising
to your neck where i lay my hand
lightly
at the base of your neck
and endear your perfect skin
and send chills throbbing down
your spine
and elsewhere.

sometimes is absolute.

No comments:

Post a Comment